Monday, February 4, 2013

At the window

She sits upon the window sill
arrayed in blankets warmly still
Her face contains the pain of time
her body wracked with painful rhyme

She peers out into the wintery site
the snow falls gently arrays in white
Her thoughts not dare to future think
she has her sentence, she's on the brink

Like the man condemned to die
Not crime committed nor evil rye
Innocent of all, not fair
Condemned no less, her heart in tears

She longs to run, to walk, to play
for laughter, fun, all this not stay
right here to take the daily pain
and watch as body withers away

Why her, why now, she wants but fun
the things pile high she's never done
To climb great peaks long ways from home
To dive the depths with fishes run

Instead its here upon this sill
she waits and sits and stays quite still
for this her lot, her bane, her fate
though teary stained, she has no hate



- Trish 2013

3 comments:

  1. Touching, emotional, heart-rending, deep felt, I run out of adjectives Trish. Your writing always touches me and moves me, but in light of the last 2 months, maybe it's me, or you're just getting better, but this brought me to literal tears. I wish and pray for only the best for you Trish, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written T (as I wipe the tears from the corner of my eyes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So personal and powerful. Always in my hopes and prayers

    ReplyDelete