Sunday, March 3, 2013

A woman's love

What beauty in a simple kiss
the words you say the thoughts you link
It means the height of human love
A bond, a trust, a cherished blink.

Don't take this trust to cast it down
like cheap perfume or broken crown
I give you all I am and more
to have to hold forever more.

Stay true to this my sacred gift
and worthy of my offering. 
To sip a taste of other's fruit
would tear my heart and render mute

It would but thrust a knife hilt home
and rind the tender honest bone
For me to see you give away
the love that's mine for all I've paid.

Stay true, my love, to higher cause
and sup with me, enjoy my all.
I give you freely so now partake
for I am yours please don't forsake.


- Trish 2013


1 comment:

  1. Though titled a woman's love, anyone who has ever loved can feel the emotion you portray--especially if you've been unlucky enough to have that person stray from you. Once again you seem to have spoken from my heart, Trish. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete